Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Blogger's World

While I was in college, I called many of my friends once a week to simply talk. We would discuss what God has done in our lives over the week, what He taught us, where He was sending us, and simply laugh over the past. It was great! I spent hours a week on the phone. Some conversations lasted hours, while others were only 15 minutes. Some people I even talked to for hours every night. I even made phone calls while I was in Thailand! A group of us even planned annual events to keep in touch through the distance. We were close. Some people even received handwritten letters every now and then (do people send regular mail anymore). I loved sending cards!

Slowly, we all evolved to simplying emailing each other. Our lives got busier and it became easier to send a mass email out to everyone at one time. And now, where are we all? Updates are given through Facebook, Myspace, or Blogging. You log onto to Facebook to see a high school buddy changed her status to "Engaged." Or maybe you check a Myspace page to learn that a baby was just born. No longer do we give weekly updates on the phone. Better yet, we do not even do this through emails any longer. Instead, we log onto to our blog and write about it. If you are lucky, you may get an email that says, "Amber has added a new entry. Click here to read more."

With all that said, here I am. A year ago, I tried to keep everyone up-to-date on my life by adding a Myspace page. However, if you have looked at my page lately, I have yet to change anything on it. Oh wait, I do believe I put a new picture up after I got married. In college, I joined Facebook. I do believe I have done well at keeping it up. Some of you may even get messages from me every now and then.

Now today--lucky for you all, I enter the blogger's world. I cannot make any promises, but I am going to try to keep my friends and family up-to-date through the use of the Internet. It is summertime now, so it will be easier for me. Wait until September, I am sure I will forget all about this. Send me a message every now and then to remind me to post something new.

No comments: