Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Degree

Last year, I made the decision to work on my Master's Degree. Last week, I completed it!! I now hold a Master's of Arts in Teaching. What does this mean? Ummm...not too sure. I know I get a raise!

Actually, I needed to take some course work in education to become fully licensed to teach since I was not an education major in college. It seemed wise to get a Master's Degree to earn my full license instead of just taking random college courses.

I thoroughly enjoyed my year of graduate course work. I learned a lot about education and special education (that was my emphasis area). This has helped me to become more aware of my son's educational needs (Jamie has spina bifida). It has really helped me in fighting for his education and helping him in as many ways as possible. I always thought I would home school and this may still be an option in the future. But Jamie needs to go to school--it is great for him. I could not imagine him growing as much as he has emotionally and socially without attending school. Needless to say, my degree seems to have been more beneficial for me as a mom!

No comments: